Monday, March 14, 2011

So...

I'm sitting in Elmhurst library and have been pounding out a lit paper for the past 2 1/2 hours, and I desperately need a break.  Have you ever pictured yourself busting out a musical number to a completely inappropriate song in an entirely inappropriate setting?  I'm having one of those moments.  Ryan Starr's song "Start a Fire" just came on my iPod's shuffle, and I'm fighting the urge to air drum and sing like a maniac to the sexually charged lyrics.  It's "that kind" of song, that just makes you want to turn it up super loud and sing along.  An example of the chorus?
Here we go
Just lose control and let your body give into the beat of your heart as my hand touches your skin
Is this love
Or just sexual desire?
We're gonna start a fire

Saucy, right?  But the driving drums and guitar, the piano ostenato... gah.  Love it!  (Ostenato: blast-from-the-past word from my music classes earlier on in college- it means a repetitive note pattern played throughout a musical piece)

I need to get up and do something but clearly the library is not the place to even go air-guitar it up in the bathroom!  So, I'm blogging.  What a great alternative!  I won't give the poor elderly population that has been steadily streaming through the floor all afternoon a heart attack and the librarians can keep their rulers in the appropriate places, instead of smacking me across the knuckles.

I just texted my mom to see how the kiddies are doing (they're at her house so I can write this blasted paper, which is actually about done, I believe!), and I've just been informed that Rhea and Trace are eating snack.  Rhea is planning her Justin Bieber birthday party and has already invited everyone.  That girl is so on top of things!  I guess that come December, I won't have much planning to do, since I'm anticipating her requesting to make and send out her invites any day now.

Funny Rhea story from today.  We haven't been to my mom's since last Wednesday.  They're usually there Tuesday and Thursday and sometimes another day in between so I can study.  Last week, it worked out that Tuesday was their only day there, then Wednesday we had a fun day together.  Thursday Adam watched them since I didn't have my 2nd class- we just conferenced with my prof if we needed direction on our papers (I did!)- and my mom's daycare kids were dealing with bouts of sickness.  So Rhea hasn't seen her little daycare friends for a while.  Rory was so excited to see Rhea that she went up to her at lunch and gave her a hug.  Rhea leaned over to Rory and said "I'm so happy to see my friends!" to which Rory replied "I love you RheaLynn!" and gave Rhea a hug.  Corey got up from his side of the table (he was across from the girls) and gave them both a BIG group hug with a huge smile on his face.  Well, Rhea took that Kodak moment and threw it out the window when she said "Oookay, okay! That's enough already!"  Yep.  That's my girl.

Welp, I think it's about that time.  No, not for the musical number.  For me to proof my paper, do some last minute tweaking, and print that sucka!  Although, I'm now listening to DJ Khaled's "All I Do is Win" and I'm feeling like throwin' down a crunky, bone-thrashing stompfest in the study area.  I wonder if the librarians can tell that I'm exercising massive amounts of restraint... the toe tapping, bobbing in my chair, and "air piano" on the table might be dead giveaways.  :oD

Ta ta for now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment