Sunday, March 13, 2011

Ah crap.

I just happened to take a gander at my "study guide" for my Women in Biblical Literature class... are you kidding me?!  The study guide is apparently everything that we've ever studied in class thus far, every minute detail, every undocumented Hebrew translation of random words/names/phrases in the Bible (I say undocumented because I have the English Standard Version study Bible, and my teacher is a Hebrew professor... my Bible makes zero mention of 3/4 of the original Hebrew that my teacher revolves lectures around.  As far as I know, neither does anyone else's Bible. Sigh.), every utterance she's made to this point.  Grr double grr. 
Not only am I going to have to bust a move to pull a good grade on that midterm on Thursday, but I also have an ridiculously cool (and unbelievably challenging) paper to write for my Multicultural Colonial/Post-Colonial Literature class.  Leave it to me to unknowingly highlight a theme that my prof (Dr. Tuck Lively, how sweet a name is that?!) has never had a student write a paper on?!  So of course I have to take up that challenge for two reasons: 1.) To set the precedent and 2.) To prove that I can pull off writing a seriously kick ass paper... despite not having done so since 2007.  I really wish I wasn't falling asleep as I'm blogging about all the work I have to do (yay procrastination!)... otherwise I'd be all over it.  Correction: I just remembered that I wrote 1 1/2 pages of my 5-6 page limit before I blogged my first b-log tonight.  I supposed I can drag myself to bed without guilt!  Or, at least, not as much guilt as I should probably be feeling. 
Nighty night world... whoever you are and wherever you are.
P.S. Thoughts/prayers to Japan tonight, as every night since the earthquake and tsunami.  Even if you're not a "Jesus person," send them your thoughts and good energy.  They need every last bit of it that they can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment