Wednesday, November 30, 2011

New addition to the family

Hey guys!
So you may be thinking I'm expecting from the title of this blog, but no dice! (At least, not until I get my degree done-zo... I don't even mind going into labor as I'm getting my diploma!)  My father-in-law, Nate, his wife Jen, and their two silly kiddos, Rose and Wade, are, as we speak, en route to China to get their beautiful, long-awaited addition to the family: Sarah Grace! They've been waiting five years to adopt. and God has finally gifted them with a precious little miss.  She'll be two two weeks before Trace turns two, so he'll have a playmate who's his aunt, all rolled into one little package.  (Which only makes sense, since Rhea's playmate is her uncle Wade and he's only six months older than she is!)

Sarah's been in a Chinese orphanage since she was an infant and is special needs.  She is missing the lower 1/4 of her arms, so 3/4 of the way down her arms from her elbow joints is where her arms end.  She has no hands.  However, this doesn't seem to be a deterrent for her, at least not from what we've been told.  I'm so excited to meet her and see how she's adapted to having a "disability" that I cannot even imagine living with.  I put disability in quotes because I've found through my own "disability" that I am no less able-bodied... I just have a different normal from most people.

Anyway.

They'll land at 1 am local time in Beijing, which, if I'm not mistaken, is somewhere around 3 pm Beijing time.  From there, they'll tour around Beijing, catch a couple flights en route to Sarah and Hong Kong, which is their final destination in China, then they'll fly out from Hong Kong back to Chicago on 12/14.  Hopefully all goes as planned and there won't be any unexpected surprises in their journey.  We want them home safe and sound before Sarah's birthday on December 21st and Jen's on the 23rd, not to mention Christmas of course!

If anyone is interested in following along on this incredible journey, Jen's set up a blogspot.  Here's the address.

http://hisplanourhope.blogspot.com

I know I'll be frequenting the page in excited anticipation with the kids!  (Rhea, by the way, is so excited to "teach Auntie Baby Sarah how to eat with her feet!"  Silly silly goof!)

Off to do homework now, but please keep our branch of the Klingers in your thoughts and prayers!  I say our branch because there are many from Arizona to Germany.  Now, I think that since we're adding a new member from China, we're set on world domination!  Kidding, kidding.  :)  I'll update when she gets here!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment